- About Us
- Digital Resources
- Request An Item
- Contact a Librarian
- Register for a Card
- My Account
2019 Summer Reading Program - A Universe of Stories
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Summer Reading Program! The Utah Grizzlies are offering a free ticket to a home game of your choice in October or November for anyone under 18 who participated in the program. For adults they are offering a discounted ticket with 25% of each ticket purchased going back to the Friends of the Summit County Library! Corner ice tickets will be $15 (reg. $22) and center ice tickets will be $20 (reg. $30). The offer is not valid with other promotions or discounts, or at the box office. However, the offer can be applied to multiple games if desired! To purchase your tickets please call Jesse Sanchez at 801-988-8009 and mention the Summit County Library Summer Reading Program. To see the full schedule, please visit www.utahgrizzlies.com. You must redeem your tickets by October 1, 2019.
Ready to join the Summit County Summer Reading Space Race?
Here's how it works:
- Visit the library to get your official "Universe of Stories" Summer Reading Calendar, 50 stickers, a Moon Rock Booster Rocket list, and a Bookmark.
- Every day you read, any number of minutes, place a sticker, and the minutes read, on that calendar day (after you check to see what’s happening at the library, of course!) You may only earn one sticker per day.
- Total your minutes read at the end of each week. We’d like to know how much you’ve read!
- When you’ve earned at least 5 stickers (for 5 days) bring your calendar with you to the library to get your “Moon Rocks Collection Bag” and redeem your stickers for “Moon Rocks”.
- You may also earn Moon Rocks by completing items on your Moon Rock Booster Rocket List.
- Then, trade your rocks for prizes from our Out of This World Summer Reading Prize Wall! Keep going until you’ve filled your calendar and traded in all of your moon rocks for prizes.
Get a Reading Log at the library or print one here. For every 200 pages that you read, you will receive one raffle ticket to enter into a drawing of your choosing. Prizes will be drawn on August 12.
Watch for other activities throughout the summer like our Star Wars Party & Cosplay on Friday, July 12 from 6-8 PM at the Kimball Junction Branch.
June 3 - August 9 - There will be a different activity each week in the teen area. Complete the activity to earn an extra raffle ticket for that week!
Our Summer Read is The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury. Get a copy at the library or on OverDrive/Libby (always available). We'll have a book discussion at each branch on the following dates:
Coalville Branch - Wednesday, June 19 - 6:00 p.m.
Kimball Junction Branch - Monday, July 15 - 7:00 p.m.
Kamas Valley Branch - Monday, August 12 - 4:00 p.m.