Summit County Library Update
Summit County Library Update - 7-6-21
All branches are now back to their regular pre-pandemic hours:
Kimball Junction Branch - Monday-Thursday 10-8, Friday-Saturday 10-6
Kamas Branch - Monday-Thursday 10-7, Friday 10-6, Saturday 10-2
Coalville Branch - Monday-Friday 10-6, Saturday 10-2
Summit County Library Update - 4-20-21
We plan to open all branches on Monday, May 3rd. We are excited to welcome everyone back inside the library and appreciate your support as we move into the next phase of reopening.
A few things to keep in mind when visiting the library beginning May 3rd:
- The library buildings are open for holds pickup, browsing, and computer sessions. Curbside hold delivery is still available for anyone who would prefer that service.
- Only a limited number of people can be in the building at a time. Because of this, we ask that you keep your visit (including computer sessions and use of any study spaces) to one hour or less. This will also allow more people to access materials and services.
- There will be a limited number of computers available. Cash cannot be accepted for printing and copying services at the Coalville and Kamas branches. The Kimball Junction Branch has a coin-op machine. Wireless printing is available at the Kimball Junction Branch if you don't need to use a library computer.
- Some items might not be in public areas for now, including children’s toys, board games, etc. These items will be added back into these spaces when we can do so safely.
- If you're feeling sick, please stay home. Hand sanitizer will be provided. Please maintain 6-foot social distancing while in the buildings.
- While not required, facemasks are encouraged for extra safety.
- Outdoor workspaces and Wi-Fi are available at all branches.
Summit County Library Update - 2-25-21
The Bookmobile will resume modified services on Monday, March 1st, 2021. See the schedule here.
Summit County Library Update - 1/29/21
As part of community-wide measures to slow the spread of COVID-19, the following changes to library services are effective immediately: The Coalville and Kamas Valley branches are closed on Saturdays. The Kimball Junction branch will remain open on Saturdays 10 am-2 pm. Weekday hours for Curbside Hold Delivery at all branches (Mon-Fri 10-6), virtual programming, and service for the Henefer Book Locker otherwise remain unchanged. During business hours, librarians are available via phone and the Ask a Librarian page on our website. Our digital library is also open 24/7 and provides access to ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, language learning, art and craft classes, newspapers, magazines, and research and learning databases. If you need a library card, you can register online. A librarian will be in touch with your card number and PIN. If you already have a library card, your PIN is often the last 4 digits of your library card number.
Summit County Library Update - 7/17/2020
Wireless printing is now available at the Kimball Junction Branch.
Summit County Library Update - 6/26/2020
We have boosted our free Wi-Fi to the parking lots and installed outdoor work spaces at all Summit County Library branches. Although our buildings are still closed to the public, these outdoor spaces are always available on a first-come, first-served basis. We appreciate the hard work of the Summit County Facilities and IT Departments to get these spaces ready! They have been key in helping us provide services to the community while keeping everyone as safe as possible. The Wi-Fi network name is LibraryWiFi and the password is booksarefun.
Summit County Library Update – 5/1/2020
Beginning Monday, May 4, curbside hold delivery service is available at all Summit County Library locations. Service for the Henefer Book Locker has also resumed. All other library facilities continue to be closed to the public until further notice.
How to Place and Pick Up Your Holds
- Place your hold in our online catalog using your library card number and PIN. If you require assistance, please call your branch location directly.
- Receive a notification confirming your hold is ready for pick up. Please wait until this notification is received before coming to the library.
- Arrive at the library – please follow any signage posted.
- Park in the designated Curbside Hold Delivery stalls and call the number listed on the sign. Your identification will be verified over the phone.
- Please wait in your vehicle while we bring your items to you.
Items will be checked out for the standard two weeks and may be renewed unless the item is on hold for another patron. We have increased the hold/checkout limit to 20 items per card.
Please return materials to our outdoor book returns; our staff is unable to accept items directly. We will check in materials using sanitation guidance from the Summit County Health Department. Please note that items will appear on your account for up to one week after being returned to allow our staff time to properly process all materials. As always, no late fines will accrue for overdue items.
For more updates and information, join our social media channels on Twitter (@SummitCountyLib), Facebook (@SummitCountyLibrary), and Instagram (@summitcountylibraryut) You can also subscribe to our monthly newsletter via the home page. The Library has organized comprehensive lists of free resources and information available with a library card and without. We encourage you to explore these lists at https://wakelet.com/@SummitCountyLibraryUT.
Our digital library is open 24/7 and provides access to ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, language learning, art and craft classes, newspapers, magazines, and research and learning databases. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to explore them here.
If you need a library card, you can register online. A librarian will be in touch with your card number and PIN. If you already have a library card, your PIN is often the last 4 digits of your library card number.